I’m buying corn on the cob every week now that summer is in full force. Grilled, fresh, on the cob or off, it’s a staple at lunch and dinner in my house. With all the herbs popping up in the garden, I decided to make a simple Fresh Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing to bring together all the flavors. This is a perfect side dish for a picnic, at a barbecue, for a no-cook dinner or to take for leftovers at work. You can sprinkle cheese on the top or easily make it vegan by leaving it off – up to you!
You can whip up this Fresh Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing without causing any heat in the kitchen. The recipe utilizes fresh corn which you can just slice off the cob and toss with freshly sliced radishes and garden tomatoes. The dressing is incredibly simple and could be used on a variety of veggies and salads. Blend bright lime juice with your favorite olive oil and use fresh cilantro (you could throw in basil, too, if you have it!) to create a very light, flavorful topping. I chose cojita cheese because it has a fairly neutral flavor and provides a soft, crumbly texture. This is a salad you could make all summer long!
- cup ½fresh cilantro (chopped)
- cup ¼fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 pinch white sugar
- teaspoon ½pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ears fresh corn (kernels cut from the cob)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- cup ½thinly sliced radishes
- 1 ounces ½ Cotija cheese (crumbled, ~⅓ cup)
- Whisk together cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, and sugar. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Stir together corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, and radishes. Gently stir dressing into corn mixture. Sprinkle with Cotija cheese.
Ginger Hultin,MS, RD, CSO
Thanks for visiting! If you’re like me: obsessed with eating, wine, going out and traveling, you’re in the right place. Champagne Nutrition® LLC is a Registered Dietitian-run concierge virtual practice helping clients look and feel better. On this blog, you’ll ﬁnd cocktails, mocktails, and plant-based recipes that are easy to make quickly at home and pack for leftovers on your adventures.