Tofu fresh rolls with spicy noodles are packed with flavorful veggies, spicy sauce and savory tofu. They make a perfect appetizer, lunch to-go, or party starter for your guests. As fun to make as they are to eat, prep veggies and tofu ahead of time and assemble when you’re ready to serve. These fresh rolls are packed with flavor and nutrition – vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber. Hellmann’s® Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread adds a savory and creamy balance to the noodles. Since it is free from eggs, this is a vegan-friendly dressing and sandwich spread that is made with only non-GMO sourced ingredients. Plus, Sriracha adds a spicy kick your guests will love. Yields 10 wraps.
Let me know if you try these Tofu Fresh Rolls with Spicy Noodles! They make a fantastic lunch or snack at work or school and are fun to eat for kids and adults alike.
I’m working as a #brandambassador with @UnileverUSA to create these nutritious and delicious recipes for @HellmannsMayonnaise Carefully Crafted vegan-friendly spread. I was compensated for my time. #brandpartner
Tofu Fresh Rolls with Spicy Noodles
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 ounces firm tofu (pressed and sliced into thin strips)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- cup ½Hellmann’s® Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread (divided)
- cup ¼Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- teaspoon ½brown sugar
- 8 ounces dry brown rice vermicelli noodles (prepared according to package directions)
- 10 medium romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and cut into matchsticks (use bell pepper as a non-spicy alternative))
- 20 sprigs fresh cilantro sprigs
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place tofu strips in a baking pan greased with coconut oil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Make the spicy sauce by combining ½ cup Hellmann’s® Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread, Sriracha sauce, lime juice, garlic and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Combine cooked noodles with the remaining 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread in bowl and massage lightly with your hands to coat. Prep cucumbers, carrots, jalapeno/pepper, and cilantro and set aside near a clean, dry cutting board.
- Fill a dish with very warm/hot water that you can still comfortably touch with bare hands. Working with 1 wrapper at a time, soak in water until pliable, about 20 seconds. Lift wrapper out of water and allow excess to drip off before transferring to your cutting board. Place a lettuce leaf on the lower third of the wrapper and fill with 2 strips of tofu, a small portion of noodles, and 2-3 strips each of cucumber and carrots. Smear the filling with 1 Tablespoon of sauce then top with a slice of jalapeño or pepper and 2 sprigs of cilantro. Fold bottom of wrapper over filling, about 1/3 over the bottom of the lettuce leaf, then fold in ends and roll up tightly like a burrito. Transfer to a platter or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining wraps and cover rolls with damp paper towels, then plastic wrap to preserve. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Ginger Hultin,MS, RD, CSO
Thanks for visiting! If you’re like me: obsessed with eating, wine, going out and traveling, you’re in the right place. Champagne Nutrition® LLC is a Registered Dietitian-run concierge virtual practice helping clients look and feel better. On this blog, you’ll ﬁnd cocktails, mocktails, and plant-based recipes that are easy to make quickly at home and pack for leftovers on your adventures.