When Blue Diamond sent me a box of their gluten-free Flax Seed Artisan and Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thin crackers I knew I needed an awesome dip to eat them with. Inspired by this week’s twitter chat on healthy eating for kids hosted by dietitian Moms Laura Cipullo of Mom Dishes It Out and Jessica Levinson of Nutritioulicious , my mind was on nourishing snacks today. My savory sweet cilantro dip is almond butter based (get the smooth kind; it will blend better!) so it lends a natural sweetness to savory ingredients like fresh cilantro, nutritional yeast, onion and garlic powder. This dip is perfect on crackers or fresh veggie sticks.
A lot of folks have questions about nutritional yeast – it is just a deactivated yeast that has a cheesy/salty flavor. You can pick it up at a natural foods store and use it on popcorn, kale chips, salad dressings, pasta sauce or anything that needs some zesty flavor. Nutritional yeast is a source of protein and can also be fortified with B vitamins. I use it in a lot of recipes as it can be used as a non-dairy cheese.
Let me know how you like the recipe – the savory sweet cilantro dip a naturally gluten-free, vegan, high fiber, high protein snack that I hope you will love! This simple dip takes about 5 minutes to whip up and saves well for the next day, too. Enjoy!
*This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Nut Thins
Savory Sweet Cilantro dip
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons light/white miso
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 in small bunch cilantro – throw itstems (leaves, and all!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4-1 cup room temperature water
- Flax Seed Artisan or Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thin crackers (for dipping!)
- Place all ingredients (except crackers obviously) into a food processor or blender and puree until very smooth, adding water as needed to make desired consistency.
- Serve thick as a dip or thin out with water to use over your favorite whole-grain pasta or as sauce on a savory dish. This dip goes well with crackers or veggies and is appropriate for kids and adults alike!
Ginger Hultin,MS, RD, CSO
Thanks for visiting! If you’re like me: obsessed with eating, wine, going out and traveling, you’re in the right place. Champagne Nutrition® LLC is a Registered Dietitian-run concierge virtual practice helping clients look and feel better. On this blog, you’ll ﬁnd cocktails, mocktails, and plant-based recipes that are easy to make quickly at home and pack for leftovers on your adventures.