As we nudge closer towards fall, I’m craving those warm spices and comforting (yet healthy) foods. Now that I can turn on my oven again after this crispy Seattle summer, I made a Plum Berry Cobbler Granola treat for you. The Recipe Redux has us food bloggers whipping up crunchy snacks for back-to-school, back-to-work, back-to-structure and this simple recipe packs an awesome crunch plus lots of nutrition.
Plum Berry Cobbler Granola is totally hands-off and easy to make. You blend the ingredients in a bowl then stick it on a cookie sheet and bake. It makes a large batch so be sure to freeze some for later as you enjoy it for breakfast on the go, an after school snack or pre/post-workout. It has a nice pack of complex carbohydrates with the oats and fruit plus fat from the oil and coconut to keep you full longer. Store-bought granola is typically packed with sugar and oil (hint: you need these ingredients for any granola!) but if you make your own at home, you can make it more lightly sweet and lower in fat if you desire.
Dried plums combined with blueberries in this Plum Berry Cobbler Granola make a delightful combo. I hope you enjoy these end-of-summer flavors together. If you like this recipe, check out my Cranberry Almond Chia Granola or Simple Coconut Cherry Granola for more crunchy goodness you can so easily make at home.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- cup ¼pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ½ground ginger
- teaspoon ½ground allspice
- teaspoon ½ground nutmeg
- cup ½unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried (unsweetened blueberries)
- 1 cup unsweetened dried plums (chopped, prunes)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line 1 large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, maple syrup, coconut oil and spices. Toss to coat well. Spread granola out on baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 12-20 minutes, mixing half-way through. Remove and let cool. In a large mixing bowl, combine oat mixture, coconut, berries, and plums. Transfer to storage containers and freeze for later if desired.
Ginger Hultin,MS, RD, CSO
Thanks for visiting! If you’re like me: obsessed with eating, wine, going out and traveling, you’re in the right place. Champagne Nutrition® LLC is a Registered Dietitian-run concierge virtual practice helping clients look and feel better. On this blog, you’ll ﬁnd cocktails, mocktails, and plant-based recipes that are easy to make quickly at home and pack for leftovers on your adventures.