Are you getting a little tired of oats? Sometimes oatmeal can get a bit boring but did you know that there are other delicious grains you can have instead? This Honey-kissed Autumn Cherry Breakfast Quinoa is as simple as making oats in the morning and includes favorite flavors like cherries and spices that make you crave this at the start to your day.
Quinoa is a healthy alternative to oats – and also naturally gluten-free. Minerals abound in quinoa: manganese, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and tons of fiber. The daily value for fiber is 25 grams of fiber each day for a 2,000 diet and in just a 1/2 cup of quinoa, you get 6 grams – a significant amount. For a less mushy texture than oats and a vibrant burst of flavor, make breakfast quinoa as an alternative to oats. By adding in crunchy and sweet flavors like coconut flakes, chopped pecans, honey, vanilla and sweet frozen cherries, you’ll be ready to face any rainy day. Honey-kissed Autumn Cherry Breakfast Quinoa is packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for a healthy start to your morning. Pro tip – make quinoa ahead and keep in the refrigerator for breakfast and dinner recipes alike!Honey-kissed Autumn Cherry Breakfast Quinoa as a healthy alternative to oats #whole grains #healthybreakfast Click To Tweet
Check out my other breakfast recipes on the blog if you need more ideas on how to start your day in a healthy way:
Honey-kissed Autumn Cherry Breakfast Quinoa
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon honey (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen whole cherries
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly until water runs clear rater than cloudy. Combine quinoa in a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring 1-2 times. Divide equally in two bowls and split remaining ingredients as toppings. Mix each bowl well and serve hot or cold. Makes excellent leftovers as well.
Ginger Hultin,MS, RD, CSO
Thanks for visiting! If you’re like me: obsessed with eating, wine, going out and traveling, you’re in the right place. Champagne Nutrition® LLC is a Registered Dietitian-run concierge virtual practice helping clients look and feel better. On this blog, you’ll ﬁnd cocktails, mocktails, and plant-based recipes that are easy to make quickly at home and pack for leftovers on your adventures.