Buying salad dressing can be HARD at the grocery store. Full of sugar and preservatives, you may be better off just making your own which can be simple and easy. Shake your dressing in a jar or blend it in a food processor for a fast dressing on salad or fresh veggies. This herb dressing is “creamy” without the cream. You probably won’t need any added salt because of the savory miso paste which has the added benefit of probiotics. Fresh herbs add a more vibrant flavor but if they are out of season or you do not have any when you are making dinner, no worries – just use dried! It will still taste delicious.
Do you make your own dressing? Any non-dairy yet creamy favorites? I’d love to hear about them!
- cup ½unsweetened almond milk
- cup ¼white miso
- cup ¼brown rice vinegar
- cup ¼yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow flavors to meld and dressing to set. Serve over your favorite greens and add veggies for extra antioxidants and flavor. Can thin with water if needed.
Ginger Hultin,MS, RD, CSO
Thanks for visiting! If you’re like me: obsessed with eating, wine, going out and traveling, you’re in the right place. Champagne Nutrition® LLC is a Registered Dietitian-run concierge virtual practice helping clients look and feel better. On this blog, you’ll ﬁnd cocktails, mocktails, and plant-based recipes that are easy to make quickly at home and pack for leftovers on your adventures.