Homemade granola is one of my favorite things to make. It is so easy to put together and is a perfect breakfast or snack. This Cranberry Almond Chia Granola is packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. When you purchase granola in the store, it certainly lacks in freshness and you never know how much sugar or oil they may have added to make it taste good. When you cook at home, you control all factors. In fact, granola doesn’t need a ton of oil – just enough for it to stick together and you can adjust the sugar to be pretty light when adding in other flavors like coconut and vanilla.
This recipe offers a whole grain source from the whole oats combined with crunchy coconut and toasted almonds. It has a nice balance of sweet and savory because of the olive oil and honey. Adding crunchy chia offers complexity in texture as well as some healthful omega 3’s.Simple homemade Cranberry Almond Chia Granola to make this weekend! Click To Tweet
I hope you Enjoy this Cranberry Almond Chia Granola! Any other ingredients you always add to yours? Let me know in the comments.
Cranberry Almond Chia Granola
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup slivered raw almonds
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (try to get a variety sweetened with apple juice)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients through salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk honey, olive oil and vanilla. Pour wet mixture over dry and stir well to combine. Mix in dried cranberries then spread mixture on a large parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the granola cooks evenly (watch the corners because they tend to get brown)
Ginger Hultin,MS, RD, CSO
Thanks for visiting! If you’re like me: obsessed with eating, wine, going out and traveling, you’re in the right place. Champagne Nutrition® LLC is a Registered Dietitian-run concierge virtual practice helping clients look and feel better. On this blog, you’ll ﬁnd cocktails, mocktails, and plant-based recipes that are easy to make quickly at home and pack for leftovers on your adventures.